Medical Assisting School in Eagle Rock
The Medical Assisting program in Eagle Rock is designed to prepare students for entry-level positions as a Medical Assistant in Eagle Rock, Ca, in either clinical and/or administrative capacity. It trains individuals to assist with clinical and administrative procedures. In addition, students will gain knowledge of the legal as well as ethical responsibilities outlined in the scope of practice. Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and technical skills to obtain entry-level employment in medical clinics and in other outpatient medical settings.
The primary goal of the Medical Assisting program is for our graduates to perform clinical and administrative functions professionally, with confidence and competence as they enter the role of Medical Assistant. In the rapidly changing healthcare system, the Medical Assistant can use their education and skills in medical terminology, coding, billing, electronic records, patient care, and phlebotomy in various roles in the healthcare environment (Unit Secretary, Patient Care Technicians, Hospital Admission Representatives, etc.). Medical Assisting training in Eagle Rock received will open the door for many opportunities in the healthcare field.
Career Highlights & Opportunity
Eagle Rock Medical Assistants complete administrative and clinical tasks in the offices of physicians, hospitals, and other healthcare facilities. Their duties vary with the location, specialty, and size of the practice.
Medical Assistants typically do the following:
- Record patient history and personal information
- Measure vital signs, such as blood pressure
- Help physicians with patient examinations
- Give patients injections or medications as directed by physicians and as permitted by state law
- Schedule patient appointments
- Prepare blood samples for laboratory tests
- Enter patient information into medical records
- Medical assistants take and record patients’ personal information. They must be able to keep that information confidential and discuss it only with other medical personnel who are involved in treating the patient.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects employment of Medical Assistants is projected to grow 19% from 2019 to 2029, much faster than the average for all occupations. The growth of the aging baby-boom population will continue to increase demand for preventive medical services, which are often provided by physicians. As a result, physicians will hire more assistants to perform routine administrative and clinical duties, allowing the physicians to see more patients.
Length of Program: 27 weeks morning/afternoon or 43 weeks evening classes
Total Clock Hours: 800 (Classroom: 600 – Externship: 200)
Graduates will receive a Diploma in Medical Assisting
Upon completion of the Medical Assisting program in Eagle Rock, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate entry-level competency in the day-to-day duties of a medical assistant in medical offices or clinics to perform administrative functions.
- Demonstrate entry-level competency in the day-to-day duties of a medical assistant in medical offices or clinics to perform clinical functions.
Prerequisites: Must have a high school diploma or GED and pass the entrance exam. If you do not have a high school diploma, we offer the Eligible Career Pathway Programs (ECPP). Students will have the opportunity to earn their high school diploma while being concurrently enrolled in an eligible ECPP program.
Please refer to the School Catalog for more information.