Nurses are Essential Healthcare Workers!
Train for this Important Medical Career with ICH
At Integrity College of Health, our goal is to train you for the careers that are in high demand in your community. We offer programs that cater to motivated students like you, who are looking for focused, comprehensive training to prepare them for immediate entry into the field. We are proud to offer two great training programs designed specifically for students who desire a career in nursing. Both of our nursing programs, the Vocational Nursing diploma program and the RN-to-BSN program, are designed to be completed in a relatively short amount of time, so you can gain the skills you need to land a job as a nurse sooner! Read on to learn how you can make your nursing career goal a reality, with training from ICH.
Are you interested in training to become a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)? Vocational Nurses are entry-level nurses who care for sick, injured, or convalescing patients, under the direction of physicians and registered nurses. Integrity College of Health’s Vocational Nursing diploma program is a 60-week program designed to prepare students with important nursing skills for direct patient care. In ICH’s LVN program, students learn to work as a part of an interdisciplinary healthcare team in selected healthcare settings with individuals, families and communities across the life span. Students learn how to promote wellness, provide safe, empathetic care, and provide care in a culturally sensitive manner. Specifically, students learn how to:
- Monitor patients’ health
- Administer basic patient care
- Provide for the basic comfort of patients
- Discuss the care they are providing with patients and listen to their concerns
- Report patients’ status and concerns to registered nurses and doctors
- Keep records on patients’ health
Upon completion of the program, graduates are prepared to sit for the NCLEX-PN exam, and will be ready to pursue additional opportunities such as becoming a Registered Nurse.
If you have already begun your career in nursing, and hold a Registered Nurse (RN) license and an Associate Degree, you may be interested in advancing your career through ICH’s RN-to-BSN program. Designed to be convenient for working nurses, the RN-to-BSN program offers two flexible formats: blended, or distance-online. The blended format allows students to attend class on campus one evening a week, or one Saturday a week, and complete the remaining work online according to their own schedule. For students who desire ultimate flexibility, the distance-online program allows students to complete almost all of their program online; only modules BSN 401 and BSN 441, which are Practicum courses and require Role Performance with a preceptor, take place on campus.
The RN-to-BSN program is designed to be completed in as few as 46 weeks, and graduates receive their Bachelors of Science (B.S.) Degree in Nursing upon completion. Through the RN-to-BSN program, students learn to:
- Utilize critical thinking to synthesize knowledge derived from nursing, natural and behavioral sciences, humanities, and arts in the practice of professional nursing
- Practice professional nursing competently and safely in diverse settings, utilizing caring, critical thinking and therapeutic nursing interventions with individuals, families, aggregates/populations, and communities at any developmental stage and with varied health experiences
- Utilize the knowledge, skills and technologies to practice independently and collaboratively with all health professionals as an advanced beginner professional nurse
- Integrate research findings and nursing theory in decision making in professional nursing evidence-based practice
- Apply concepts of leadership and management to the practice of professional nursing to enhance quality and safety in health care
- Integrate professional caring into practice decisions that encompass values, ethical, and moral and legal aspects of nursing
- Communicate effectively with clients, peers, and all health care providers
Why choose ICH for your nursing career training? ICH’s nursing programs are approved by the California Board of Vocational Nurse and Psychiatric Technicians. ICH is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET) and is licensed by the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE). Accreditation and approval guarantees students, faculty and the public that the programs at ICH meet objective and rigorous third-party standards of educational practices.
Located in Pasadena, California, ICH is an excellent choice for career training for in-demand, essential healthcare careers in Southern California. Offering hybrid, hands-on, and online classes, under the guidance of industry professional faculty, ICH is designed for busy students just like you. If you are ready to get started in your career as a nurse, or wish to advance your existing nursing career, ICH has the program to train you for success. Don’t wait any longer – give us a call at 626-808-0215 today! You can make your nursing career goal a reality, with training from ICH!